Duration: 02 Nights & 03 Days
Best Season: October to June
Tour Code: 357
Day 01: Kathgodam to Pangot
Day 02: Pangot
Day 03: Pangot to Kathgodam
Pangot just 15 km from Nainital in Uttarakhand state is one of India’s beautiful hamlets. The feeling around here is like being in a remote Himalayan village and going by the records of Jungle Lore Birding Lodge, the area boasts of having over 250 bird species.
Pangot is mainly forested with thick oak, pine, and Rhododendron which serve as excellent nesting places for many resident and migratory birds. The weather is pleasantly warm in summer and during winter, the mountain peaks are covered in snow which is attractive to watch. There are well-defined trails starting from Pangot to Naina Peak and another one leading to Corbett National Park. There are also good trails from the lodge that go to Timla Pani, then to Ghughu Khan, Kilbury Forest House all the way to Cheena Peak. For safety and ensuring no one gets lost while trekking, there are enough guides to help tourists around.
Pangot is a heaven for the lovers of bird watching. Bird species such as the Lammergeier, Griffon, Blue-winged Minla, Woodpecker, Khaleej Pheasant, and Rufous-bellied Niltava are all found here. As a tourist, there is more than the eyes can finish seeing. Honeymooners too are not left out. The calmness and quietness of Pangot together with all the beautiful surroundings make the honeymoon a memorable one.
- Bird species of the Kumaon region for photography
- Spectacular view of Nanda Devi and Trishul peaks
- Farm fresh Indian meals
- Kumaoni Delicacies
- Quaint lodges
- Serene Atmosphere
- Easy birding
- Nature Walks
- Glimpses of the beautiful landscape and lifestyle of Kumaon
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Meals as per the itinerary
- 02 days of guided birding
- All surface transfers by a private vehicle
Services Not Included
- Optional tours/excursions, personal & incidental expenses.
- Tips, laundry, phone calls, alcohol, camera fee, etc.
© Asian Adventures